Hi, I am Peter Bowey.
Hi, I am Peter Bowey.
I am a electronics technician, computer engineer, and a IT support person. I work with technology across a wide range of computer disciplines - Apple, Windows and (for myself) Linux. Over many years I have uncovered the habits and routines that make computer owners the best at what they do. Then, I share what I have learned in my services to clients and sometimes via my blogs (helpful insights) on this website.
"I’m on a mission to take the grief out of using your computer."
I don't have all the answers, but I am happy to share what I have learned over 30 years of computer service and support. This web site reflects some of that help and support made available to you.
I was always into technology and gadgets, since the age of three! From the age of 10, I learned to build a Radio using old valves on my bedroom floor. My Father was rather concerned that I would electrocute myself with the need for a 240 volt A/C mains transformer. 18 months later I had a music education listening to local AM radio station's 5CL and 5AN. There came later revisions, including a home brew AM radio transmitter.
At primary school, I was soon nicknamed 'Marconi' (after the famous inventor of radio Guglielmo Marconi)! In later years, I qualified as a electronics technician, and spent 12 years servicing radio's, stereo's, televisions, and two-way radios. In 1982, I bought my first real computer (a Microbee). I was hooked on this new computer technology! In 1985 I shifted my work skills and training to include Computer Servicing. I am always learning new technical skills... computer's keep changing.
At the core of my work is a simple, but powerful question: How can we live better with computer's and IT technology?
The first way I try to answer that question is to take the technically complex and make it simpler to understand. For you as the end user and client.
The second way is by experience in troubleshooting problems and offering solutions to known and new computer issues.
I often ask myself two questions:
- What are the most effective ways to turn proven scientific research into tangible results for my clients?
- How can we pinpoint the hidden roadblocks in dealing with our lives being more dependent on IT and overcome our mental skill barriers?
My ultimate goal is to answer a question that lies at the core of what it means to be human and use a computer: is it possible to master the IT habits that shape our lives and, if so, what solutions can we use? My hope is that—even if I can only answer this question in a modest way—my work will save you time, make you more effective, and help you. Troubleshooting is my God given gift and calling.
I work with many types of computer owners; the young, the professional and the elderly. I am known for being a 'computer whisperer' and a little bit different with a warm personable approach (and a touch of humor).
I have many testimonials from satisfied customers. Word-of-mouth advertising works!
You can contact me here.
You can see some of the ways I assist others in my site blog.
My Business Introduction
I began this business on May 1999, after having worked for other computer and electronic based service companies. I have discovered my passion and gifting to share technical solutions and help others have answers and support with this computer technology. This web site reflects some of my skills, stories and support solutions for you. I have worked with Apple computers (including iPad's and iPhones), Windows systems, Linux Servers and with Virtual Systems (Windows running on Mac and Linux).
What services I offer You
- My personal service policy is to respond to your computer need within 48 hours (though hard-to-get spare parts may delay this)!
- My workshop has the resource and access to Computer parts (service) and software archives.
- Is your hard drive making unusual clicking noises? An early call to us could alter a future crisis, and lower your total loss of critical data! If your computer hard drive emits unusual noises (clicking, grinding, or metal scraping), turn it off immediately! This symptom typically indicates a head crash that can soon destroy your data - permanently!
- Repair Facts: Data recovery of failing Computer Hard Drives = 70% success rate!
- Recovery from Virus, accidental file deletions, Email Spam's, Malware & Spyware.
- Transfer of your data and programs from your old computer to a new system.
- Computer system diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair assessments.
- Component repair or replacement (motherboard, CPU, power supply, etc).
- Computer based audio recording configurations, software, and interfaces.
- Computer driven DVD, video, photo, camera configurations, software and setup.
- Diagnostics on Audio, Website, Network, and Automobile (car) electronics.
- Macintosh service support for iMac's and iPads.
- Installation and customization of specific software (MYOB, Quick Books, etc).
- Network solutions for Internet sharing, Intranet, Network connections.
- Backup and Restore solutions.
- Internet Wireless Connectivity and Broadband access, Firewall's and setup.
- Email clients, Server setup, administration and data loss recovery.
- Computer Security, Virus and SPAM Control, and SPYWARE prevention & recovery. Windows 10, 8, 7, 2000, XP, and Vista administration, maintenance & network support.
Facing changesIn today's world, new and advanced technology is growing to be very challenging; complexity is growing rapidly, and more so for the future! End user consumer confidence is being affected by an increasing 'low-cost' push-sell' marketing technique. You do need help to know more about the product you are buying “is it compatible with what you have, etc”? My support is available to help you before you commit to any sale. This is based on our ability to bring to technology to you - in common people' terms. Think of our skills as being a 'interpreter' and educator - which benefits you.
My Academic background
- Computer Engineering (Certified A+)
- Consumer Electronics Service Certification
- Audio & TV Electronic Servicing
- Electronic Security & Surveillance Equipment Design & Service
- Electronic Communications Design
- Audio Engineering and Design
- Two-Way Radio Servicing License (SA State Governments approved)
- Software Design & Database programming
- CISCO Networks
- Nortel Networks
- Microsoft Networking
- Accounting methodology and practice - MYOB, Intuit
I have committed some days each week to serving at Bayside Church (and our local community). This is my own personal time to follow God's desire for community, worship, love, truth and creation.
I am passionate about bicycles and ride everywhere and everyday. I do NOT own a car and I am keeping fit physically, mentally and [eventually] spiritually. You can see my latest Scott Spark 960 bicycle in my photo above. The bicycle is a 29" 20-speed full suspension road / trial bike.
I am also passionate about music and audio visual.